CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 30 August 2010

Back to School ....................





My DD5 is back to school on Wednesday & we spent the last couple of weeks making a gift for her new teacher. It took alot of patience to create but think we did a great job.

We used 2 embroidery hoops 9" & 12", each crayon was then placed individually & hot glued in place. The apples were made using the Speaking of School Cricut cartridge, page 31 in the handbook using the shift key & shadow feature. The lettering was cut using the Opposites Attract cartridge using the opposite feature & cut @ 1 1/4"

I just hope it lasts the year & the kids don't help themselves to the crayons !!!!! lol..........

9 comments:

Pauline said...

Just came across your post on cricut.com and LOVE the crayon wreath. I was just wondering what you glued them on? It really looks great:) Thanks for sharing your creations.
Would you mind stopping by my blog and letting me know what you used?Thanks,
Pauline
www.Rogersfamilyof6.blogspot.com

crafty cricut said...

Hi Pauline
Stopped by your blog but couldn't find any way of leaving you a message. The crayons are hot glued onto embroidery rings, I used a 9" & 12" ring.
Thanks for stopping by & your kind comments, come back soon :o)

Deborah x

Kathryn said...

Great gift. Now if I could think of something that nice and not to over expensive to do for a 4th grade teacher. Thank you for sharing, it looks fantastic.

Kathryn
www.wamfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

.:*:. I Loved this idea and I am excited to make one of these very special wreath's for my son's Pre-School Teacher. Can you please tell me how many Crayons I will need. Thank you for sharing your amazing work!!

Natasha .:*:.

Angie said...

I love it!! Saw it on the Cricut Chirp and it is fabulous! I might make one for my son's teacher this year!!

Linda said...

It is gorgeous!! I know your childs teacher was thrilled. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your amazing talent.

mawmaw482003 said...

I too just came across you blog on cricut.com and absolutely love the Back to School Teacher's Gift. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

mawmaw501954@msn.com

crafty cricut said...

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Natasha - I believe I used approx 50 crayons when making it, hope that helps :o)

Deborah

Kathy said...

Way too cute. Congrats on making it in the Chirp Newsletter.
Kathy